Below steps will show you how to uninstall Windows Media player 12 and install windows media player 10 in Windows 7.
1.Remove Windows media player 12 from Windows 7 ,then restart your computer
- Click Start button,type Programs and features in search box ,then click Programs and Features
- Click Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane
- Expand Media Features and deselect windows media player
2.Download Windows Media Player 10 ,and extract it using 7-zip or other compress software
3.Go to the uncompressed directory MP10setup , sort file by type ,find .INF files(system information).
- Select all .inf files except WMP10.inf,right click these select files and select install to install them(ignore all errors )
- install WMP10.inf the same way(ignore error)
- Right click “My computer” ,click Manage
- Find and select Services in the left pane
- In the right pane,find and right click Program Compatibility Assistant Service and click Properties,then make it Disabled
5.Open Registry editor and remove
6.Restart your computer,press F8 when booting to enter safe mode
7.Go to C:\Programs Files\Windows Media Player,double click wmplayer.exe to intall WMP 10
8.You are done.